Here is a sample nutrition request letter. You can copy and paste this letter to use as a template for an email or fax to request nutrition data.
Please let us know if you have sugestions for enhancements to the letter.
Sample Nutrition Request Letter
We are creating Nutrition Facts labels for our products. I am writing to request nutrition information for some of the ingredients we purchase from you.
We are using the following items as ingredients.
List item descriptions and manufacturer part numbers and/or UPC codes.
Please provide nutrition values for a 100g sample, including:
- Non-rounded nutrition values for a 100g sample.
- A complete analysis with Protein, Fat, and Carbohydrate values as well as details for Fats, Vitamins and Minerals.
- Trans fat information.
- Values for Water and Ash.
- Ingredient statement.
- Allergen information.
Here is more information: http://www.sweetware.com/article_deviation.shtml
You can email the nutrition data.
If you prefer, we will use this information only for our own internal requirements.
Otherwise, we would like to request your permission to submit this information for inclusion in the nutraCoster Nutrition Data Share Library. The Nutrition Data Share is a free collaborative effort where users share nutrition data they have collected.
There are a number of advantages to being included in the Nutrition Data Share:
- Readily available nutrition data makes your products easier to use.
- Inclusion in the Nutrition Data Share will reduce the number of nutrition requests you have to process.
- Your company name and products appear in the list of included items.
- Your competitors appear in the list of included items.
More information about the Nutrition Data Share can be found here.
Please indicate if we can include this data in the Nutrition Data Share.