nutraCoster 2.1 Network Installation
applies to: nutraCoster 2.1
nutraCoster is network ready. You can install it 3 ways:
- Install nutraCoster on a stand-alone computer.
- Install nutraCoster on a dedicated server.
- Use any machine on your network as the nutraCoster server.
nutraCoster is licensed for installation on a single computer. You can install nutraCoster on one computer and access it from any other computer on your network. You will be limited to one user at a time unless you purchase additional simultaneous user licenses.
When nutraCoster is installed as described here, all users access the same data (recipes, ingredients, etc.). Changes made on one workstation are visible from all of the other workstations.
First install nutraCoster on the server. You can do this 2 ways:
1. Run Setup directly on the server (either from the CD or from a download), or
2. Run Setup on a workstation (either from the CD or from a download) and specify the server when Setup asks for the destination folder.
Make sure the COSTER folder on the server is visible to other machines on the network. To do so, the COSTER folder must be shared, or one of its parent folders or drives must be shared.
In addition, each nutraCoster user must have Full Control permissions for the COSTER folder on the server, and for the COSTLOC folder on the workstation.
You will then need to run the workstation setup program. To do so:
1. From each workstation, navigate to the server and open the COSTER folder.
2. Double click NETSETUP.EXE.
This will run the workstation setup and allow you to access nutraCoster from the workstation.
If you ran Setup from the CD, NETSETUP.EXE is already in the COSTER folder on the server. If you downloaded the SETUP.EXE file, you will also need to download NETSETUP.EXE and put it in the COSTER folder on the server before you can do the workstation setup.