Installing nutraCoster 2.1 on a USB Flash Memory Drive
applies to: nutraCoster 2.1
nutraCoster is licensed for installation on a single computer at a single location. If you need to access one copy of nutraCoster at multiple locations you can install on a USB Flash Memory Drive and take it from location to location.
You may not install nutraCoster on more than one computer, or at more than one location, except as described in this article. Doing so is a violation of your license agreement.
You may not install nutraCoster on more than one USB Flash Memory Drive. Doing so is a violation of your license agreement.
1. Insert the Flash Memory Drive into any USB slot on your computer.
2. Open My Computer (Windows XP or earlier) or Computer (Windows Vista or Windows 7). Make a note of the drive letter of the USB Flash Memory Drive (usually in the Devices with Removable Storage section).
3. Run Setup (either from the CD or a download). When Setup asks for the destination folder click Browse.
4. In the Browse window, change the drive letter to the drive letter of the Flash Memory Drive. For example if the Flash Drive is F:, change C:\COSTER to F:\COSTER.
5. Continue with Setup until Setup finishes.
Repeat this procedure on each computer on which you want to use nutraCoster. You do not need to reinstall the USDA Library on successive installations.
If you follow this procedure all of your data is stored on the Flash Drive, and you are accessing the same data each time you plug the drive into any computer.
Transferring nutraCoster from your computer to a USB Flash Memory Drive
If you already have nutraCoster installed on a computer, you can transfer it to a USB Flash Memory Drive as follows.
1. Copy the entire COSTER folder from your computer to the USB Flash Memory Drive.
2. Change the shortcuts on your All Programs menu and/or your desktop to point to the Flash Drive.
3. Rename or delete the COSTER folder on your computer so you do not accidentally run the wrong copy.
4. Repeat the installation procedure above on each other computer on which you want to use nutraCoster from the Flash Drive.