Duplicate Part Numbers
applies to: nutraCoster 2.1
nutraCoster does not allow duplicate part numbers. However, there is a known issue with nutraCoster 2.1 that allows duplicate part numbers under certain circumstances.
When you add an item to the Master Items List, nutraCoster assigns a sequential numeric part number, starting from 900000. You can change this part number.
If you use one or more lower case characters in the part number, it is possible to create duplicate part nhumbers.
To avoid or correct this issue:
- Enter or change all part numbers to use only upper case characters.
- Change any duplicate part numbers so each one is unique.
To see if you have any duplicate part numbers, or part numbers with lower case characters:
- Choose Print, Master Items Reports, Master Items List Report from the menu.
- In the Items tab of the Options for Master Items List Report window, click Select All.
- In the Options tab of the Options for Master Items List Report window, set the Sort Order to Part Number.
- In the Options tab of the Options for Master Items List Report window, set the Report Data to Description plus. Open the dropdown and choose Part Number.
- Click Create Report.
- Scroll through the report. Identify items with lower case characters in the part number. Items with duplicate part numbers will be adjacent in the list.
- You can click an item in the report to change its part number.