Moving nutraCoster 2.1 to a Different Computer
applies to: nutraCoster 2.1
These instructions describe how to transfer your nutraCoster program and data from one computer to another.
nutraCoster is licensed for installation on a single computer. When you move nutraCoster to a different computer, you must remove the nutraCoster program and data from the original computer.
These instructions cover the following situations.
- You are running nutraCoster on a single non-networked computer.
- You want to move nutraCoster from a workstation to your server.
- You want to allow another workstation to access your existing copy of nutraCoster.
Moving nutraCoster from a single non-networked computer to another computer.
1. Copy the entire \COSTER folder from the old computer to the new one. Verify that the new folder has the same number of files and the same total size as the old one.
To copy the folder you can use a USB flash memory drive, burn the folder onto a CD or DVD, or copy the folder directly over your network.
2. Run Setup (either from the CD or a download) on the new computer. Make sure to set the destination folder to the same folder (\COSTER by default) where you copied the files.
You can perform steps 1 and 2 in either order. The primary consideration is which one has the newer version of nutraCoster. Whichever step has the newer version, perform that step last.
Example 1: You originally installed nutraCoster from the CD, and later you downloaded and installed a newer update. In this case, run Setup from the CD first (step 2), and then transfer the \COSTER folder (step 1).
Example 2: You want to update nutraCoster as part of moving to your new computer. In this case, transfer the \COSTER folder (step 1) first, then download and run Setup for the latest revision.
If you have transferred everything correctly, you will not need a new activation key. If nutraCoster asks for an activation key on the new computer, you did not transfer the \COSTER folder correctly.
After you are confident that you have transferred nutraCoster successfully, you must delete the \COSTER folder from the old computer. Failure to do so is a violation of your user license.
Moving nutraCoster from a workstation to your server.
1. Copy the entire \COSTER folder from the workstation to the server. Verify that the server folder has the same number of files and the same total size as the workstation folder.
After you are confident that you have transferred nutraCoster successfully, you must delete the \COSTER folder from the original workstation. Failure to do so is a violation of your user license.
Allowing another workstation to access your existing copy of nutraCoster.
1. Make sure the \COSTER folder on your existing copy of nutraCoster is visible on the network, either by sharing the \COSTER folder or one of its parent folders or drives.