|SweetWARE Technical Support
Creating a Nutrition Facts Label for a Single Ingredient with nutraCoster 2.1
applies to: nutraCoster 2.1
Note: nutraCoster 3.0 can create Nutrition Facts label for a single ingredient.
nutraCoster 2.1 creates Nutrition Facts labels for recipes. To create a Nutrition Facts label for a single ingredient, create a recipe with only one ingredient.
Here are step by step instructions. We will create a sample label for the item "Sugars, Granulated" by creating a recipe called "Granulated Sugar Recipe".
- Choose File, Recipes/Formulas, Add or Change Recipes/Formulas from the menu, or click the Add or Change Recipes/Formulas toolbar button.
- In the Add or Change Recipes/Formulas window, type the name of the recipe you are creating. For this example, type "Granulated Sugar Recipe". Click OK.
- In the New Item Window, click Add to add the new recipe to the Master Items List.
- In the New Recipe/Formula Window, find your ingredient. For this example, type "sug gr" and double click "Sugars, Granulated" in the list of matching items.
- Enter a quantity of 100 and specify "g" (grams) for the unit. Click Ingredient Done.
- Click Save Recipe/Formula.
- Choose Print, Nutrition Labels from the menu.
- In the Options for Nutrition Labels window select your new recipe in the list of recipes.
- In the Options for Nutrition Labels window click the Serving Sizes tab. Specify the Servings per Container, Serving Size and Unit for your label.
- Click Create Report.
If your ingredient is a new item that is not yet in the Master Items List:
- Add the item to the Master Items List and enter the nutrition information.
Enter the Ingredient List Description for the new item.
- Choose File, Nutrition, Enter Nutrition Information from the menu.
- In the Enter Nutrition Information window type the description of the new item.
- If there are no matching items, click OK.
- If there are matching items, click New Item and then click OK.
- In the New Item window, click Add.
- In the Nutrition window enter the nutrition values. Click Save.
- Choose File, Master Items, Add or Change Master Items from the menu.
- In the Add or Change Master Items window find your item, select it and click OK. Refer to the article EasyFinder Searches for more information.
- In the Change Item window, enter the Ingredient List Description and click Save. Refer to the article Ingredient Lists for more information.