|SweetWARE Technical Support
Adding Users to the nutraCoster Users Group
applies to: nutraCoster 3.0
nutraCoster Setup creates a security group called nutraCoster Users.
Each user who wants to access nutraCoster over the network must be a member of the nutraCoster Users group.
Here are the instructions for adding users to the nutraCoster Users group.
Work Group Instructions (Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, except Windows Home editions)
- Each user who wants to access nutraCoster over the network must have identical logins on the work station and the nutraCoster server machine. This means the user name and password must be the same on both machines.
- Open Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Computer Management.
- Under Computer Management (Local), expand Local Users and Groups. Double click Groups.
Open Groups folder
- In the list of groups, double click nutraCoster Users.
Open nutraCoster Users
- In the nutraCoster Users Properties window, click Add.
- In the Select Users window, enter the user name in the Enter the object names to select text box. Click Check Names, then click OK.
Add the new user
Work Group Instructions (Windows Home editions)
Windows Home editions do not allow access to security groups.
The initial user who installed nutraCoster will have access to nutraCoster. To allow additional users to access nutraCoster, add users with the nutraCoster security procedures.
- Choose Maintenance, Security, Add or Change Users from the menu.
- Add each user's Windows login name as a nutraCoster user.
The nutraCoster user name must be identical to the user's Windows login name.
Note: You do not need to enable nutraCoster security to do this. It is sufficient for the user to exist in the list of nutraCoster users.
Active Directory Domain Instructions (Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012 R2 and later)
- Open the Server Manager.
- Click Tools, Active Directory Users and Computers.
Navigate to Active Directory Users and Computers
- Under Active Directory Users and Computers, click Users.
- Double click nutraCoster Users.
Double click nutraCoster Users
- In the nutraCoster Users Properties window, click the Members tab
- In the Members tab, click Add.
- In the Select Users, Contacts, Computers, Service Accounts, or Groups window, enter the user name in the Enter the object names to select text box. Click Check Names, then click OK.
Add the new user